Typically, if your down payment is less than 20% of the house value, you have to pay for Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI).
We estimated PMI at an extra 0.9 of the loan each year although this percentage will fluctuate depending upon where the insurance is required.
There are some loan programs, however, that do not require PMI regardless of the LTV.
PMI values are estimated based on the following criteria:
- If LTV is less than 85%, PMI is 0.32%
- If LTV is more than 85%, PMI is 0.52%
- If LTV is more than 90%, PMI is 0.78%
- If LTV is more than 95%, PMI is 0.90%
- If LTV is more than 97%, PMI is 0.95%
The accuracy and use of this calculator is not guaranteed.